There are no current vacancies
Business Support Vacancies
IT Support Technician
Forres Sandle Manor is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring service.
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Salary: £11,200.00 to £12,000.00 /year
Only applications with a CV and Covering Letter will be considered for interview.
We’re seeking a proactive and self-motivated IT Support Technician to join our IT Department, to provide technical support to staff and pupils throughout the school.
The successful candidate will be required to respond to user queries, resolve technical issues and support the Network Manager in the maintaining and developing the school’s IT systems.
As IT support technician, you have responsibility for providing technical support to staff and pupils throughout the school and will work closely with the Network Manager on matters concerning computing and communication technology at FSM.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Respond to user queries
- Resolve technical issues
- Supporting the Network Manager to oversee and ensure the effective operation, maintenance and development of existing FSM systems and networks.
- Developing and installing new technologies for use in the classroom (Raspberry Pi, Microbit, Lego Mindstorms and other software packages).
Candidates will ideally have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Provide day-to-day IT support to staff and pupils
- Support staff in the use of audio-visual equipment
- Set-up, maintain and troubleshoot computer devices
- Configuration and maintenance of printers
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 10
- Experience of Windows Server and Hyper-V
- User account management with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Installation, upgrading, and maintenance of relevant hardware and software.
- Network configuration and troubleshooting
- Organisation and documentation of equipment, systems and procedures
- The person appointed will be expected to work approximately 22.5 hours per week. Exact hours and working pattern to be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate.
In addition, candidates will have:
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to manage their own workload and prioritise tasks
- A friendly and professional approach to staff and pupils
- A full Job Description can be found on the school website, see Jobs on the main navigation.
Please apply via Indeed using a CV and Covering Letter. Only applications with both of these will be considered.
Further details may be obtained by telephone (01425 653181) or from email@example.com.